who we are
In many ways, Joe and Claire revolutionized the demonstration industry. They were the first demo company to secure exclusivity with a retailer. Over the years, their pioneering spirit and penchant for quality has helped insure their position as a premier provider of demonstration services up and down the East Coast.
Today, C.A. Courtesy is still family owned and operated and has expanded its offering from in-store demonstrations to full service event and promotional marketing. It is headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts and maintains satellite offices in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia.
- 1988 - Founded by Joseph and Claire Bishop to fill the in-store promotional needs of local vendors.
- 1988 - Established partnership with Purity Supreme.
- 1989 - Modeled the first exclusive demo agency structure for FoodMaster, Victory and Roche Bros.
- 1990 - Established partnership with Stop & Shop.
- 1992 - Became exclusive In-house agency at Stop & Shop for Boston division.
- 1997 - Established partnership with Market Basket.
- 1998 - Became exclusive demo agency at Stop & Shop for Boston and Connecticut divisions
- 2000 - Became exclusive demo agency for all 3 Stop & Shop divisions after conversions
- 2005 - Established partnership with Hannaford conducting in-store promotions at Sweetbay, Florida
- 2005 - Certified Minority Organization –Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- 2006 - Became exclusive demo agency for Giant Landover and awarded contract extension for Stop & Shop
- 2011 - Established partnership with Duane Reade exclusively conducting in-store promotions at Duane Reade's across New York City
- 2013 - C.A. Courtesy in partnership with Allegiance Retail Services, have launched an exciting new in-store sampling program. These programs are currently running in the following retailers located in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania: Foodtown, D’Agostinos, Freshtown, and La Bella Marketplace. Read More
Jack LaurendeauVice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Acosta, Inc.Jack Laurendeau:""Using C.A. Courtesy is like hiring an event planner. They are masters at coordinating all of the different details and elements which ultimately result in a successful demonstration. The team at C.A. Courtesy has a penchant to understand the needs of a demonstration from the perspective of the product, the... "